7th International Workshop "How to handle imported containers safely" 2014
The 7th International Workshop "How to handle imported containers safely", organized by the European Environmental and Occupational Medicine Society, took place in Berlin May 22nd - 23rd 2014.
The Workshop has been certified by the Medical Association (Ärztekammer) Berlin with 13 CME points.
Official Report: "How to handle import containers safely"
Xaver Baur, Alf-Magne Horneland, Axel Fischer, Ralf Stahlmann, Lygia Therese Budnik5
Int Marit Health, 2014; 65, 3: 142–157 DOI: 10.5603/IMH.2014.0029
Agenda of the workshop is available here...!
Abstracts and summary slides form the presentations from the workshop:
- Zhiwei Zhao - Fumigation of exported containers and occupational health of workers
- Baur - Diagnosis and questionnaire-problems and challenges
- Budnik - From symptoms of intoxication to identification of the noxious agents
- Beate Ritz - Using Gene-Environment Interactions Approaches to find Preventable Environmental Causes of Disease
- Flingelli & Klementz - Opening fumigated containers–Simulation of spatial gas distribution after gas release from a fumigated chamber
- Ralf Stahlmann - Toxicity of Fumigants (short introduction)
- Aliya Kosbayeva - Health hazards-WHO point of view under the international framework
- Schubert - Container fumigation
- Bratveit & Djurhuus - Research based information to involved bodies on health risks during unloading of transport units
- Rubino Colosio - Regulations of and authorization for application of fumigants
- Johanson Svedberg - Occurrence and levels of VOCs in containers arriving in Sweden including aspects on personal exposure ventilation and sampling position
- Denisenko - Reported accidents and health problems of seafarers onboard vessels carrying fumigated cargo
- Verschoor - Intoxication during unloading containers
- Verschoor - Intoxication with methyl bromide during unloading containers
- Walte - Onsite measurements of fumigated containers-Possibilities and problems